Friday 29 September 2017

Manga: In/Spectre Vol 6


In/Spectre Volume 6
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Both touched by spirits called yokai, Kotoko and Kuro have gained unique superhuman powers. But to gain her powers Kotoko has given up an eye and a leg, and Kuro's personal life is in shambles. So when Kotoko suggests they team up to deal with renegades from the spirit world, Kuro doesn't have many other choices, but Kotoko might just have a few ulterior motives...

With the start of this volume we're coming in to the second part of the 'deductions' stage of this story arc, and Kotoko throws out her final two theories. I've actually been quite intrigued to see what she's going to come up with and it was actually quite masterful how she handled it all and brought it to an end. I really loved the smart way the ultimate solution came about and the enemy was defeated, and the way all of Kotoko's theories fed in to and contributed to what she was ultimately trying to do. It's all very Sherlock Holmes, I'm not going to lie! The way it was drawn was a lot of fun too! 

Now, this volume brings the Steel Lady Nanase case to an end as the case is solved and I'm very satisfied with how it all ends! Everything wraps up nicely with one liiiittleeee thread dangling. From what I understand, that's all of the light novels adapted to manga form and from the next volume it's all going to be original story! I'm quite intrigued to see what's going to happen, I mean I'm assuming it's going to be to do with Rika, but we'll see! 

I'm not going to lie, I ship Kotoko and Kuro pretty badly so it was nice to see some cute moments between the two of them in this volume, and get more of an insight in to what the relationship between them is like. I do find their interactions amusing as well as cute! As for Kotoko, she's my favourite character, I love her so much! She just has such a vibrant personality and you get to see just how intelligent she is in this volume, as you see just how far Kuro can push his powers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...