Thursday 17 January 2019

Manga: Tokyo Tarareba Girls 4


Tokyo Tarareba Girls Vol 4
Rating: 3.5/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Rinko starts a relationship with a seemingly perfect man who owns a movie-themed cafâe, but as their relationship progresses, she finds more and more things to dislike about him.
So...we all thought Rinko had met her Prince Charming and I was so on bard with it. But then his requests started and I was like....no my dude, not today. He was so fixated on her perming her hair!? Which is fine if she wanted to actually do it but she didn't. I did think Rinko's crisis about her relationship was interesting, whether to settle to achieve society's expectations/her own, or break up because it wasn't right. I also loved getting to see her get her mojo back and have a kind of comeback. 
Kaede is still a mystery, but apparently if you dig real deep he has a kind side and he's the one that sets her up with a job that's literally exactly what she needs. She got such a confidence boost from it and I was like YAAS RINKO! The thing is....I get that he probably means well, but he doesn't half need to work on his phrasing. I was actually starting to like him this volume, and as realisations and theories where made by the girls I was thinking to myself, you know what? I ship it. But then he had to go and be a total ass. 
This volume progresses not only the story but develops Rinko as a character. We see her get sunk straight down...before being pulled back up again and getting some of the fire back in her via her work and her passion for writing. I'm so here for getting the old, fired up Rinko back! Of course Kaede had to go and ruin it all and I still do not get what his deal is?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...