Tuesday 22 January 2019

Manga: Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight 8



Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Hinana's mother has discovered her secret, and now Hinana is forced to realize that who she's with affects more than just herself. Seeing the rift it starts to cause between her mother and her little sister, she can't help but feel responsible. She suggests to Kaede that they call the whole thing off... But will Kaede be able to let her go?

So...there was a bit of a cliffhanger ending last volume and we dive straight in with this one. I will admit, her mum didn't react quite how I thought she would but in some ways she did. I was once again, kind of expecting it to blow up more than it actually did and be more of an issue than it was. I feel like things get resolved quite quickly in this series which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Because of it all, Hinana and Kaede have another obstacle and Hinana is starting to realise and think about the fact her family could get dragged in to unpleasant things because of his celebrity status. Photographers, reporters and so on hounding them for one. I feel like because of that, Hinana matures a little bit and starts to think clearly about things and her situation. 

Kaede goes through it too but he's decided he's going to cling on. It did give me pause though, I was like wow okay, we're doing the whole breakup thing?! Much like Hinana, I think the relationship is going to have to mature a bit more with this development. Although as usual...we did get some cute and romantic scenes between the two! 

Then there's Akira, he finally confessed about that thing he did, and honestly...she took it pretty well. I was surprised. Although I did like the two of them plotting to take down Mitsuki, and while we do finally deal with the whole Mitsuki situation....Akira presents another problem after he tells Hinana she's stuck in the past and starts to stir up something. 

While we get one story thread wrapped up and see Hinana really have to think about those around her and what she's doing, I am wondering how much longer this series can go on for. I'm sensing the end is nigh, but I'm curious to see what Akira is making a big deal of now. The volume is over quite quickly as we have one less chapter but we do have a bonus manga chapter to fill in the gap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...