Friday 5 January 2018

Manga: A Terrified Teacher At Ghoul School


A Terrified Teacher at Ghoul School
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Haruaki Abe is the kind of guy who wouldn't say boo to a goose. But when he starts his teaching career at a high school full of creatures that go bump in the night, he soon discovers that his students have no such qualms, and they'll have him screaming "eeeeeeek"! 

So, these slice of life/school kind of manga aren't usually my thing, I usually can't get in to them or I get kind of bored. But this one caught my attention because of the Youkai, I really do love anything with Youkai in it, I'm not going to lie! Plus this sounded like it was going to be a lot of fun, and I really wasn't disappointed! 

The volume has some gorgeous and colourful....you know, colour pages! Plus the art is cute while still having a nice amount of detail! I really enjoyed the way the characters where drawn, and the expressions where entertaining! 

Haruaki, our main character was just hilarious! I kinda felt for the poor guy, I mean it would be a terrifying situation but he was hilariously cowardly about the whole thing. Sano was oddly hilarious in a mildly scary way and his interactions with Haruaki where entertaining throughout. He's also somewhat of a mystery and I'm intrigued to learn more about him. Mame is a little s***, I'm not going to lie, but he's plenty entertaining too. Hijita I wasn't too sure of at first, but he's another entertaining character and I enjoy his interactions with Haruaki immensely! Zashiki completed our little squad of Haruaki's.....buddies? Students who tolerate him? I'm not sure what the term I'm looking for is. Anyway, Zashiki is was relatable AF! These guys appear to be our main characters, and the ones Haruaki interacts with the most, but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to see more of the students throughout the series! 

This series is kind of ridiculously hilarious, I found myself chuckling at Haruaki's antics throughout the volume, it was hard not to! The other teachers are a bit sinister at times, with their talk of 'keeping him close' and I'm interested to see how that storyline might go! We get a nice amount of information on Youkai, which personally, was fun to read about because I love that stuff! 

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect when I went in to this, but I was pleasantly surprised at the plot twist regarding Haruaki and what he can do and I'm interested to see if that's going to have a bigger role to play throughout the series. I'm usually 50/50 with slice of life kind of manga, like I said, but the Youkai drew me in and this first volume was hilarious, a lot of fun and just entertaining in general! I can't wait to see more of their antics and meet more of the youkai! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...