Thursday 7 June 2018

Manga: Napping Princess



Napping Princess
Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

When Kokone sleeps she dreams of Heartland, a place full of technology and warring machines, where she's the Princess Ancien who possesses magical powers. But when events in her dreams and real life start to intersect, Kokone has to run from bad guys in both worlds. Will her dreams provide a way out, or get her into deeper trouble...? 

I love anything fairy tale, and this new series sounded like fun, and something a bit different to the usual...all things I value! 

I have to say, things are pretty effed up in Heartland like...forcing people to buy new cars or it comes out of their pay? What even? I'd have so many issues living there! There's imminent threat and danger in Heartland that the Princess is trying to defeat with the help of Peach, and using her magic, but the shady bad guy is determined to thwart it! Meanwhile in the real world the shady guy comes for Kokone's father and there's some sort of secret he's hiding. I have my suspicions but I guess we'll see. 

Morio looks like he could be fun, and I liked the contrast in Kokone and her fathers facial expressions! He's kind of blah and blank about everything, while she can be quite excitable and her face is very lively! 

This initial volume is fast paced, and switches between the real world and the dream world smoothly. It's certainly piqued my curiosity, even if it's only three chapters long! Plus we did get a bonus chapter! There seems to be a few things to unravel and I'm excited to see how this is going to unfold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...