Monday 23 October 2017

Review: The Hunt


The Hunt
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

When bounty hunter Liam Quinn discovered that Claire Connolly was a Sensitive and infected with magic, he should have turned her in to be locked up in the prison district known as Devil's Isle. Instead, he helped her learn to control her power and introduced her to an underground group of Paranormals and humans who know the truth about the war and those who fought it. 
Now the weight of Liam's own secrets has forced him into hiding. When a government agent is killed and Claire discovers that Liam is the prime suspect, she races to find him before the government can. But she'll discover proving his innocence is no simple matter. Their enemies are drawing closer, and time is running out....


If you follow me on Instagram, you know I kicked off my October TBR with this little gem last week! Yaaaaay! I'm loving this series, it's easy to read, has plenty of action and romance and is set in an interesting world with plenty of originality to it. It's such a good Halloween read and if you haven't read this series yet, you can easily binge read it! 

With this third instalment, we're straight in to the plot with no messing around. About a month or so has passed since the end of the last book and the way it ended has had me eagerly awaiting this one! I'm not going to lie to you guys, I've always hated Broussard so sorry not sorry...but I wasn't too sad to see him go. The mystery in this book has some serious CSI vibes as our group are scrambling to solve the murder and exonerate Liam. But there's something deeper going on and some threads from the previous book are brought in to it and solved. I really enjoyed how that was all wrapped up and how the books connect together so well. The plot had intricacies and kept you hooked, and this one was a lot more dark and sinister than I expected! 

I continue to love Claire and she's more at ease with her magic in this book, I also really respect that she sticks to her guns and doesn't give up. She helps any way she can and always wants to do the right thing. Gavin however, is forever my favourite character. I love him. He's hilarious and just so brilliant. Malachi is getting so sassy as well so Gavin might have a rival for my favourite character! Liam....oh Liam. How I disliked you for the end of last book, and for the beginning of this book I was like...come on man. He's struggling with his magic and the changes, so there's a lot of angst for our ship! 

The Hunt is fast paced, with a great supernatural murder mystery vibe. Things really ramp up towards the end and there's a cliffhanger that has you like...'no freaking way?!'. Another solid instalment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...