Wednesday 23 May 2018

Review: The Accidental Bad Girl



The Accidental Bad Girl
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

After getting caught hooking up with her best friend’s ex on the last day of junior year, Kendall starts senior year friendless and ostracized. She plans to keep her head down until she graduates. But after discovering her online identity has been hacked and she’s being framed for stealing from a dealer, Kendall is drawn into a tenuous partnership with the mastermind of a drug ring lurking in the shadows of her Brooklyn private school. If she wants to repair her tattered reputation and save her neck, she’ll have to decide who she really is—and own it. The longer she plays the role of “bad girl,” the more she becomes her new reputation. Friends and enemies, detectives and drug dealers—no one is who they appear to be. Least of all Kendall. 

Okay so I got such Gossip Girl vibes from this book for the most part...with the rich kids and the drugs and everything, as well as Pretty Little Liars vibes with the hacking. I have to say this book wasn't at all what I was expecting, but I was intrigued from the start! 

Kendall I totally felt for, I empathised with her so badly and I was rooting for her throughout the book. She made me chuckle more than once, but she's also kind of a badass too! Audrey was kind of t a total cow, I'm not going to lie. But I did really like Simone. She helped Kendall out and became a good friend to her and the two of them together entertained me a lot. I was very wary of Gilly, I ended up kind of liking him at one point, but I was mostly wary of him because he gave off a certain vibe to me. 

The plot and the mystery behind it all kept me reading, and there where some brilliant plot twists throughout! I was never quite sure what to expect from this one, not least because it wasn't what I was expecting at all! It had me on the edge of my seat a few times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...