Wednesday 2 August 2017

Manga: The Devil Is A Part-Timer Vol 9


The Devil is a Part-Timer Vol 9
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy 
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

The Devil King's on the beach, but there's no time to relax! People are packed into the eatery, and Maou's crew can barely keep up with the demand. Looks like the girls will have to come to their rescue! Everything's fun on the shore, but with the appearance of Maou's military adviser, is there trouble on the horizon?

The Devil is a Part-Timer is my go to series when I need a laugh and a pick me up! I find it completely hilarious, and it always makes me chuckle. I love the mix of humour and action each volume has, and this one is no different. 

We open on absolute chaos and poor little Urushihara is completely overwhelmed, more so than the other two boys. Business is booming and they can't cope all on their own...so it's just as well Emi, Chi and Suzuno come to the rescue. 

I'm not going to lie, Lucifer is my favourite. He cracks me up, he's just so funny, although I'd love to know more about him back in the demon realm and how he fit in with all the others. Judging from the greetings and reaction he got in this volume he wasn't taken as seriously as Alciel and the others. We get to meet Camio, Maou's military adviser in this volume, who's got to help him put down an uprising of sorts. 

One of my favourite moments? Getting to see Alciel being a mildly terrifying badass...moments after he tripped over his own feet and fell face first in to the sand. He's definitely my second favourite. I find it funny that he was Maou's enemy and now he's all like "maaaster!". I'm a bit disappointed Maou sent the sword off with Camio because it could have been interesting if he'd had his own and if it helped him access his power but whatever. 

This volume ends the beach arc as the gang head home after we learn some interesting information about Amane and who she is. We get some action and some badass moments for the characters, as well as some more mystery and questions to be answered. The pace could do with picking up a little bit, but I'm still enjoying every volume! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...