Thursday 10 August 2017

Manga: Re:ZERO A Week At The Mansion Vol 2


Re:ZERO: Starting Life in Another World Chapter 2: A Week at the Mansion Vol 2
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Subaru thought his life would be peaceful now, but now he's died again and doesn't know why! Subaru tries everything he can to avoid repeating that fate, but nothing seems to work. Beatrice the librarian might be Subaru's only hope!

I'm not going to lie, I'm getting way more in to this story arc than I am the first story arc! The plot just keeps thickening and hooking me in more and more and I'm coming up with all these theories and trying to put everything together! I feel like this story arc is a lot better and a lot stronger than the first one, like the story is finding its stride almost. 

Subaru has gone four days back and that really starts to get to him in this volume. It was a very well done and realistic reaction to his situation and I enjoyed seeing it play out on the page. He adopts the tactic of trying to make everything go exactly the same this time around with interesting effects. 

Roswaal provides him and us with a tutorial on how magic works in this world, something that I found very interesting and would like to know more about. Roswaal provides mixed feelings for me. I want to like him, I want to believe that he has nothing to do with anything dodgy, but as much as I love his character and want to see more of him and root for him..I feel like somethings off about him and I'm just waiting to see what it is. 

This volume provides us with a suitably shocking reveal and some surprise twists that I loved and had me gasping! There's some gory deaths and a lot more information about the world and Subaru's situation, again, something that I find very intriguing. 

I'm really liking Beatrice, shockingly, and I'm intrigued by her. I'd love to see more of her and find out more about her and her past and who she is and so on. I could say the same about Rem and Ram as well! I so badly want to know more about their pasts and I'm hoping the next volume will provide that! 

On top of aaaaaallll of that, we get an original short story at the end of the volume too! 

A Week at the Mansion, I feel, really steps the story up. There's more gory deaths, more surprises, more intrigue and I feel like the tension is higher in this volume. There's brilliant new characters to get to know, and that fill you with intrigue as you try to piece together their pasts and so on. I'm so damn curious about Ram and Rem and motivations certain characters have! I feel like this arc is going to be a lot more detailed and go in to a lot more depth and I'm excited to see it play out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...