Friday 2 June 2017

Manga: Girls' Last Tour


Girls' Last Tour
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Civilization is dead, but Chito and Yuuri are still alive. So they hop aboard their beloved Kettenkrad motorbike and aimlessly wander the ruins of the world they once knew. Day after hopeless day, they look for their next meal and fuel for their ride. But as long as the two are together, even an existence as bleak as theirs has a ray or two of sunshine in it, whether they're sucking down their fill of soup or hunting for machine parts to tinker with. For two girls in a world full of nothing, the experiences and feelings the two share give them something to live for...

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this manga, but I actually found it really interesting. There's an intriguing, bleak and barren post apocalyptic setting that our two characters travel throughout. The art was cute but also matched the story and the seriousness of it as well. I liked the remnants of life scattered around that the girls seemed to know about, and what they where and how they worked. Their explanations about war and why and how it happened where interesting too. 

I'm so curious about the history to the world and how it ended up as it is, and I'm hoping we'll get to learn more about it as we travel with the girls through the landscape. I really do find the setting interesting and it's been brilliantly created, I have to say! 

Character-wise we have Chito, the intelligent, calm and level headed one of the two, who's good with books and repairs and is the driver charting them through the landscape. Yuuri...well...I kinda felt sorry for Chito at times, like you know...when Yuuri didn't listen to a word she said and burned Chito's book! Yuuri is the brawn out of the pair, and she's kind of an idiot and kind of annoying. Oddly enough Chito and Yuuri made a good team, and I loved their interactions and the dynamic between the two of them. 

Girls' Last Tour isn't the usual kind of manga that I go for, but I found myself more and more intrigued by it, and I'm curious to see what the girls will find next, and to see more of this bleak world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...