Monday 7 November 2016

Book Tag: Bookish Book Lover Tag


Hey guys, I've been tagged! Oddly enough, I really enjoy answering questions so I'm more than happy to dive in to this tag! I know, I know, I'm weird! Big thank you to Húriyah @ Sugar Quills for tagging me! 

Rules

Use the Banner
Answer the Questions
Use Lots of Book Covers
Tag Your Bookish Friends!
Now, on to the questions, eeeeee I really do love answering things! 
What books are you currently reading? 

*Book. I can only read one book at once, I mean...I can read two if I have to, but it bugs me because I get all confused with the stories! 
What's the last book you finished? 

I'm still not ready to talk about this book. 
Favourite book you read this year?

I couldn't pick just one! Y'all should all be shocked and amazed that I actually managed to narrow it down to three! These are three of my complete favourite reads of the year, I loved them, I devoured them in no time at all, they where fantastically written, original, fun, full of action and romance and just....SO GOOD you guys! 

What genre have you read most this year? 

Fantaaaasssssyyy! Obviously. You guys know I'm a fantasy fiend! I've slowly been reading more and more fantasy books, and then this year, SO MANY good fantasy books came out and I'm totally hooked, whether YA or adult! 

What genre have you read least this year? 

Hmmmm...contemporary, which is pretty much the same one I read the least of every year! My thing with contemporary is weird, like I used to read it all the time, but then I got more and more in to fantasy, I just prefer it because contemporary is too close to real life and I prefer reading things that are totally different and in no way resemble real life, if that makes sense!? I'm totally picky with what contemporary I read now, I must say! I have no problem reading totally cheesy contemporary though! 

What genre do you want to read more of?

I thiiiink, Sci-Fi, like I read the odd book here and there, but usually I'm solidly fantasy! This year I've been introduced to some really good Sci-Fi books and I think I need to branch out more and read more of it! 

How many books have you read this year, and what's your goal?

My GoodReads challenge is just over there, on the left! It's the orange one! My original goal was 200 but then I completed it a few months ago...so I bumped it up to 250...which I hit last month or whatever it was and so I bumped it up to 300...which I think I might hit quite soon. So 300 for now and we'll see what happens! I should mention though, that to be fair....most of it's manga! I've gotten really in to manga and anime this year, and I've been working my way through Fairy Tail which is 56 volumes, as well as a couple of others that are in double digits, and that I've caught up on! It only takes me like 45 minutes max for me to read a volume of manga, so I read them really fast, and so they've been boosting my reading goal majorly this year! 

What's the last book you bought? 


So, I got The Wrath and the Dawn finally, and the sequel thanks to Naz, Sally and Shazina. Seriously, I suck at making decisions, they're my official book buying consultants! 

What book are you saving up to buy next?


Game of Thrones....ILLUSTRATED! ILLUSTRATED YOU GUYS! I went in to Waterstones the other day and I had to take a look at it and it's GORGEOUS! The illustrations are amazing and I just need it NOW. 

How many books did you check out last library visit?

Nine. The maximum that you're allowed to check out at the libraries where I live. Even then it was hard for me to narrow it down to nine, I think I got a couple of graphic novels, The Siren, and two other YA books...one was Cleo something...my memory is so bad! I haven't been to the library in a while because I have such a huge TBR! 

What's a book you can't wait to read?


Yes. I know. I still haven't read it yet. I could squeeze it in while I'm catching up on my review books but...I really want to re-read Six of Crows first so I'm waiting and I'm getting so desperate! I'm thinking I'll be able to get to it at Christmas so YAAAAYYY! I'm also really desperate for ACOTAR 3, but there's no cover image for that yet! Even though I know Tamtool is going to bother me with his whole, creeping on Feyre thing. 

What's a series you'd recommend to everyone?


This is one of my complete favourite series, and I'm SO EXCITED for the third book and I need it like...yesterday! I've been waiting for so long for it! I think this series has a lot for everyone to love, action, romance and originality! 

Who's an author you're hoping writes more?

Which author am I not hoping writes more? That sentence made more sense in my head. Oh well! I can't possibly pick one, there's so many authors that I love and that I want to keep writing more and more! Jennifer Armentrout, Gail Carriger, Susan Dennard, Sara Raasch, V E Schwab, Kerri Maniscalco, and Leigh Bardugo off the top of my head! 

A few books your heart adores?

I'm just going to write this, because it was enough trouble getting blogger to put three covers in one little area and it only barely worked thanks to luck! SO. 

Six of Crows - one of my ultimate favourites and I actually like it way more than the Grisha trilogy, sorry guys! 

Stalking Jack the Ripper - Creepy as. Genuinely so creepy, but also so good, it kept me guessing until the end and there was romance and danger and I JUST REALLY LOVE AUDREY ROSE AND THOMAS OKAY. 

Harry Potter - One of the first books I fell completely in love with, these books hold a lot of memories for me! 

Pride and Prejudice - a book that I only read this year, because I suck, and I genuinely really, really liked it once I got around the language! 

The Hobbit - Sure, it has it's problems, but I'm such a Tolkien nerd and I read this book when I was really, really young like 11 or twelve or something and I was so damn proud of myself for reading a book with such tiny writing at the time! 

It's really, really hard for me to choose so I just have to mention some others that have various meanings for me, SO. Clockwork Angel, Alice in Zombieland, The Covenant series, The Diviners, A Court of Mist and Fury, The Iron King, The Girl in the Steel Corset AND The Demon Trappers...oh and Drake Chronicles. All of these books I have read at various points in my life, and they've either picked me up, or brought something else in to my life. Which sounds weird and sappy but it's very, very true! 

What series' coming conclusion makes you sad?


Throne of Glass for sure, I feel like I've been on such a journey with Aelin and I kinda don't want it to end! I'm also going to be super sad when A Court of Thorns and Roses ends! Also SIX OF CROWS! Forever gutted it's only a duology because I freaking love the characters and Ketterdam! 

What books are on your wish-list?

What books aren't on my wish-list? Have you seen the thing? It's very, very long because I can't walk in to a bookstore or look at blog posts without adding to it, plus GoodReads is really, really damn dangerous! I'm super excited for the new Lisa Maxwell book, plus Sara Raasch's new book, but that's like next year and is too long away! I have Shatter Me on my list, the third Finishing School book, some hardcover versions of paperbacks I have, OH the fancy Terry Pratchett's too! Plus a few leatherbounds and flexibounds and stuff. Plus I have a list that's all series I need to catch up on, like the new Demon Trappers books and Arcanum Chronicles books etc. 

I taaaaaaaaggggg

Shazina @ The Book Chapter
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...