Friday 21 September 2018

Light Novel: Sword Art Online 14


Sword Art Online Vol 14
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

While struggling to reach the highest point of Central Cathedral, Kirito and Alice must confront a lamentably natural Integrity Knight. 

Okaaaaaaaay, with this volume the whole Underworld Arc comes to an end...I think. Or it might be more accurate to say the Arc with the Administrator comes to an end? I have to say, thank God because I do feel like this arc has gone on waaaaay too long, and I feel like a couple of the volumes leading up to this one dragged it out too long, and it could have been cut down a bit. 

BUT this volume was badass. The entire volume is action packed, probably because the entire volume was a giant battle! Literally battle after battle, and I was quite impressed with how it's done. Much as I love SAO, I do feel at times that Kirito is a wee bit overpowered, like in the Aincrad ARC and GGO and so on...he never really has to sacrifice much to win. This volume changes that and there was a completely unexpected plot twist. SPOILER ALERT, I was not expecting a main character to be killed off, but it happened in order for Kirito to defeat the bad guy. 

As if all of that wasn't enough to have you nervous as you're reading, this volume gives us an excellent cliffhanger. It was so well done, and has me itching for the next volume! We get to hear fragments of what's going on in the real world, and it's not sounding good. Honestly I can't remember how we left things with Asuna and co but things have definitely gone downhill. I'm thinking we're getting thrown back in to where Kirito just came from BUT I have a feeling Asuna and the other characters are going to be joining him! This volume is probably the most exciting one recently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...