Tuesday 6 February 2018

Manga: Frau Faust Vol 3


Frau Faust Vol 3 
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

A century after a scholar made a deal with a devil in exchange for eternal life, the story of Faust has passed into legend. But the real Faust is not a stuffy professorial man, but a woman, still on the run with her homunculus servant. When the magnetic, bespectacled woman passes through a provincial town, she adds a young orphan named Marion, looking for an escape, to her group. The next stop: A church basement, where a disembodied demon's arm lies sealed away, and an officer of the Inquisition name Lorenzo waits to spring a trap for the blasphemer...

There's action from the first chapter as we have a demon to deal with, that has a heartbreaking background to it, I'm not going to lie. Luckily taking care of it provides the distraction needed for them to escape with Mephisto's limb, so I mean....kind of a win? It all worked out okay in the end and Mephy gets to have one of his missing limbs back. 

I'm not going to lie, the people from the Church seem scary and creepier than the actual demons, I'm not really rooting for them but then I don't think I'm supposed to. Although Lorenzo really intrigues me, like why does he hide his face? What's his deal? We get some interesting background on him and his friendship with Vito that just made me all the more curious about him. He's going to be very interesting for sure. 

Another little tidbit about Faust and her past is brought to light as we meet her old friend Sarah who's responsible for Nico's body. We get to hear some more of her story as well as finding out more about Nico which I've been hoping for! Her story really doesn't paint the Church in a great light, like it gets worse for them with each volume, I swear! 

The intrigue keeps building up and I love how little puzzle pieces get dropped here and there to help you build up Fausts past. The ending of the volume could prove interesting for the next one and I'm anticipating it! We get to meet some new demons in this volume too and they're all interestingly drawn, each of them looks different and they have a nice amount of detail to them. We're slowly collecting up Mephisto's missing limbs and I'm curious about what's going to happen when he gets them all back, and once again I have a million questions! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...