So, this one is really hard for me. I don't highlight quotes in books, unless it's one of my acting books, those are riddled with highlighted bits, but for my regular books I can't bear to do it, nor do I put the little post it note strip thingies in to mark good quotes. I've never even thought about noting down quotes I like before, because I don't really have anywhere to put them, and I usually forget to look for them on GoodReads, so there are very few quotes I know off the top of my head and most of them aren't exactly inspirational, I just liked them, and there was one I LOVE but I'm not sure it counts as it's actually just one of those quotes from the front...but anyway....I've tried haha
1. "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
So, when I read this, it really resonated with me, I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it's because I was bullied at school and I always wanted a way to just not really care what people said about me, and as various other things happened in my life, I kept wishing I just didn't care, or that the words would stop affecting me so much, and so this quote really resonated with me because of that, even though it doesn't really fit I suppose. To be honest there's so many GoT quotes I love, but I didn't really want to put more than one, but another one is "Fear cuts deeper than swords" the others aren't really inspirational they're bookish haha
2. "She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one."- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
I have a feeling lots of people picked this one, and I hate to pick a Throne of Glass quote and this was one that I actually knew because when I read it I got chills. The entire series inspires me to be honest, it inspires me to be a badass and and give no damns and Celaena is such a strong character you just wanna be here or be more like her, and this quote kind of sums her up I think.
3. "I'd rather die on an adventure than live standing still"- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I think this was one of my, if not my favourite, quote of the book, I mean....wouldn't everyone? I love this quote because it inspires me to go out and find adventure pretty much, not just sit about and fall in to a routine, but go out and try and get my dream and have fun and do all the things that I normally would say I don't have time for, make time for them and have fun. None of that made sense but yeah haha
4. "Nothing takes the heart out of a man more than the expectation of failure"- Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Now this one is another of the ones that sunk in to my brain and keeps a residence there. Why? Because the is one of the most inspirational quotes. In quite plain terms, it's telling you to stop expecting failure, stop being so pessimistic, and be positive, believe in yourself, believe in what you can do, and I think that's something everyone could do with remembering.
5. "Words are everything. Words give wings even to those who have been stamped upon, broken beyond all hope and repair"- The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
It's not so much this is inspirational in the wider sense, but it's a quote I find very true. No matter how crappy you feel, books allow you to get lost, go to a different world and a different place and take you out of your current situation and give you hours of escape.
6. "When people say impossible they usually mean improbable"- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
So, I find this one an inspirational quote because it reminds me that nothing is impossible. Which is true, nothing is actually impossible, improbable yes, but not impossible, and I think the word impossible gets bandied about too much by people who are too quick to give up. I also like to think that when you say things are improbable, it's like, sure things are unlikely, but there's still a smidgen of hope that things can all work out and so on. So that's why I like this particular quote. Also this one "The less you say, the more weight your words will carry" from the same book....as someone who speaks too much I should heed this one haha
7. "Heroes aren't always the ones who win. They're the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don't give up. That's what makes them heroes"- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
I think is is self explanatory as to why I like this and find it inspirational. It's got a nobody's perfect vibe, even our heroes in our stories. As well as it being all about not giving up because things get hard, you have to keep fighting for what you want and so on. Everyone has to fight for what they want, nobody gets an easy ride.
8. "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"- G.K. Chesterton
Okay so TECHNICALLY this isn't a quote from a book, but it was a quote that was at the front of a book so I'm bending the rules a little because I'm struggling right now haha! I just loved everything about this quote. Fairy Tales give us hope, that's the point of them, that everyone gets their happy ending and so on. It's such an inspirational quote because it reminds you that everything can be beaten.
9. "We all fail to appreciate each day just how much we already possess. Light, air, freedom, the companionship of friends"- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
So this is another quote that I don't think I really need to explain why, I think it's a quote we could all do with seeing once or twice, just as a reminder about how lucky we all are. To remind you to go for a walk and really take in the world and everything.
10. "Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read"- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Again, another that needs no explantation. I love this one, I really do. I don't really know what to say about this one to be honest haha