Monday 6 April 2015

Gemini Force 1: Black Horizon


Gemini Force 1: Black Horizon
Rating: 5/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher!

When Ben's father tragically dies in a climbing accident, it's up to Ben and his mother Caroline to open his final project, a fancy hotel. But it's at this opening that their fate changes forever. When there's an air accident, Ben and his mother have to rescue the two pilots who bailed out, a daring feat, one that catches the attention of entrepreneur Jason Truby.

Ben gives his mother an idea, start a rescue team, but it's Truby who takes it to another level. He recruits Ben's mother to join his top secret, uber cool international rescue force....Gemini Force. Ben's itching to get on the team but his mother is determined he's going to finish school. That doesn't mean Ben can't visit on holidays....and he does.

It's Ben's first holiday trip out to hang with Gemini Force when everything goes wrong. A mission comes in, and Ben's mother is determined to go along....but in the middle of the rescue she becomes trapped, and suddenly Ben is parentless. Ben is determined to continue her work with the Force, but he's going to have to fight for his place....even if it means disobeying what he's been told and putting himself in danger....

Oh my God this was so good I can't even! I knew I had to review this because my Dad loves Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet and I used to watch all of them when they where on TV, I've seen the film as well, which was okay, but yeah I'm so glad I got a proof of this because it was everything I  was hoping for and more!

I was sucked in from the first page, and it was all go from then, daring rescue missions...danger....fantastic characters you instantly feel connected to and get emotionally attached to, and what a cast of characters they are! Addie is my favourite, I'm not going to lie, I loved her, she's awesome! I'm not sure what the situation is with the books, but assuming the other books are happening, then I hope to see and learn more about the other team members and get to know them better, it's going to be interesting to see what's going to happen to Ben now he's on the team!

The setting was vivid, I could picture everything, and trust me, it gave my imagination a workout! Picturing all these cool devices and planes and everything. So vivid, so cinematic....just saying! The world is so well constructed it sucks you in and keeps you glued to the page, wanting to know more about the Force and what's going to happen next!

I was so gutted when Ben's mum died, I kept thinking it was going to be like, I don't know...that she was actually fine and they'd got there in time but no, it was so sad, and the book really brings out your emotions when you're reading. I was on the edge of my seat, riddled with tension when I was reading some of the missions!

I was never sure what was going to happen next, and it was a wild ride of a read, fast paced, slick, smooth, I can't gush about it enough to be honest! I wish it was longer! I wanted to keep reading and I didn't want it to end!

I have a feeling this isn't the last we've seen of the bad guy in this book, I got vibes about it, and I'm convinced he'll make an appearance again! It was cool how the two connected as well, to create a mini plot within the main plot!

I really can't get over this book, I had some expectations for this, and every single one was met and exceeded and I think this is a fantastic set up for what's going to be a fun and action filled series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...