Thursday 29 November 2018

Review: The Glass of Lead and Gold



The Glass of Lead and Gold 
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

In the snow-covered city of Londra, young Tabetha survives by finding treasures in the mudbanks of the river Themse. On Christmas Eve, a sinister stranger asks her to keep her eyes open for a priceless, long-lost magical object: the Glass of Lead and Gold.

As word of the Glass spreads across the city, Tabetha finds herself with some unlikely companions, not least a one-armed girl and a rather impressive soup chef. But will Tabetha discover that there are even greater fortunes to be found than the magical Glass?
 


I know I'm super late to reviewing this, life happened, but I'm kind of glad I was late to reading this?! I love this world, and I love the main series, and this little instalment...is completely perfect for Christmas! 

I love Funke's storytelling, it's so gorgeous and has such a fairy tale quality to it! The characters...I was so intrigued by them, despite the shortness of this, I got Tabetha's motivations and why she was the way she was even if I did kind of sigh and wince when she did certain things! We have a fun little cast for this, to the extent I'm like.....can we have more please?! And you know...this is saturated with the imaginativeness that Funke usually gives us in her books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...