Friday 2 November 2018

Manga: Tokyo Tarareba Girls 3



Tokyo Tarareba Girls Vol 3
Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

When it finally seems like Rinko has caught a break, it disappears almost as quickly--thanks, once again, to Key. Meanwhile, Kaori finds out that she's not the only one her ex is cheating on his girlfriend with, and Koyuki learns her married boyfriend's wife may not be as estranged as she seemed. And yet, faced with the relentless void of loneliness, the three continue to make choices even they know they'll regret. 

Oh Key, you're more of an a-hole with each volume, aren't you mate? There's a time and a place for truth bombs and that wasn't it. He really needs to work on his timing. To give him credit this volume...he did muster up some kindness which had me shook as I was reading the volume! 

I wasn't too sure about Rinko and her options this volume, when she was presented with the opportunity I was like "Yeah Rinko, own it!" but then she just...I get she needed inspiration but she shouldn't have gone to the bar because I knew it wasn't going to work out for her, I knew what it was going to look like. Yeah she went to the Cinema bar which is goals, by the way, and yeah she met hot bar guy aka Okuda. I was rooting for her and that relationship but it feels like it's come at the expense of her career. I honestly do feel for her, I'm rooting for her so much but she's not perfect. She makes mistakes like any of us do. I was so happy for her and this relationship but I can see exactly how it's going to go and it's already making me sad for her. 

I'm still looking at her friends like...."ladies, this is going to end in tears" and it just keeps getting worse for them but they're afraid of being lonely and alone which is completely understandable and relatable but I also really want to shake them. Which is probably how our friends feel when they watch us do something dumb. 

Volume 3 has some cute moments, and some funny moments, but this volume is more than a little bit...grim. My heart dropped for Rinki when she had the job stolen out from under her...by her assistant, and Key made his comment. She's struggling, Key isn't the most encouraging in the first place and once again she's been told she isn't good enough anymore. It really hits you in the feels but I'm operating on the whole "Things have to get worse before they get better" thing...which means things should be getting better for Rinko and co soon right? RIGHT?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...