Thursday 30 June 2016

The Month in Books: June

Hey guys! 
It's wrap up time...not that there's much to wrap up! 
Nobody panic, everyone remain calm...but...I only read four books this month. FOUR. I do not know what is wrong with me, but it's taking me ages to read anything, although towards the end of the month I'm now getting back to normal! I haven't even read the month's classic or Harry Potter! 
For July I'm aiming to basically read everything I didn't manage to the past two months because SERIOUSLY. I'm actually so annoyed at myself! To be fair I have been pretty busy with photos, and then there was the "I've been rejected multiple times and I'm failing epically, let me lie in bed eating chocolate and watching Netflix" phase but still! Epic faaaaiiill! 
So what did I manage to read? Well....


All The Feels by Danika Stone
Okay so this book is freaking brilliant! It's hilarious, it's relatable, the characters are brilliant, it's perfect okay. Definitely one of those books you'll read again and again! It was so hard to put down, and if you're not careful you'll read it in one sitting and then regret it because it's over! 

The War Against The Assholes by Sam Munson
This wasn't really what I was expecting, and while I liked parts of it, I disliked other parts. Like it was concise but at some points there needed to be more detail because at some points I was confused and I finished the book not entirely clear on things! 

The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye 
This is totally one of my favourite books from the year and it was SO good! I loved the characters, I loved the world, it was so authentic and easy to get lost in. The romance was perfect, it didn't overshadow the story and the love triangle wasn't even a real thing basically! I loved the magic, the humour, the originality to it and I need the next book now okay because the ending was just...NOPE. 

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
So I did fine reading this without reading Riordan's other books, except for Magnus Chase that is! I'd meant to read them, but I ran out of time! Anyway, this book was so hilarious and Apollo...you should hate him because of how arrogant he is but he's kind of loveable at the same time, and his character development is a beautiful thing! 

What did you guys read this month? You did better than me right!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...