Wednesday 15 November 2017

Manga: Your Name Vol 2


Your Name Vol 2
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

The second installment of the manga adaptation of the film that took the world by storm!

There's no synopsis for this volume, so I'll give you a little bit of a run down on what to expect from this volume!

So the last volume ended on a pretty major cliffhanger, with our two main characters no longer swapping bodies and I've been super excited to see what's going to happen next and how it plays out! This volume focuses on Taki as he sets out to find Mitsuha and where she lives and tries to figure out what's going on. Taki gets his sleuth on basically!

Literally as soon as we start reading this volume, within the first chapter...there's another huge plot twist and I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaattt?! What's happening?!" and my brain was kind of trying to reconfigure, as it where, to work out how it all fit together. This actually happened a lot over the course of the volume, I'm not going to lie... 

This series keeps taking turns that I don't expect and the more I read the more it twists and changes. I think it's going to be one thing or one thing is going to happen...and then there's a plot twist and the story becomes something else and then it does it again...and again. It certainly keeps me on my toes! It also leaves me on another cliffhanger, although admittedly not quite so bad as the one from the first volume! I definitely had to take a moment to mentally sort through everything once I'd finished reading! 

I also have to comment on the art, because it's really well done! The landscapes in this volume are gorgeous, as is the art that Taki drew!

Your Name's second volume moves along at a nice, fast pace, with no faffing about and it completely changes how you look at the story. Everything you thought you knew was apparently wrong, and this is going in a completely different direction to the one that I thought it was! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...