Wednesday 1 November 2017

Light Novel: Sword Oratoria Vol 4


Sword Oratoria Volume 4
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 


Aiz finally gets a chance to meet with Bell Cranell. The Sword Princess was hoping to make amends, but she somehow comes away with a secretapprentice...
With Loki Familia's expedition fast approaching, Aiz has little time to teach Bell the basics of fighting--or to sate her own curiosity about the rabbitlike boy. But a jealous Lefiya might have more than a little something to say about Aiz and Bell's hidden rendezvous. And when Freya gets involved, there's no telling where things might end up! 
So, I'm really loving this light novel series, it's one of my favourites, but I have to say....Lefiya may be the one character I'm not sure I like in this series! She strikes me as really childish and I kind of rolled my eyes at her a lot in this book! Aiz starts to train her up in this book after she sees Aiz and Bell so I'm hoping her character will improve! 

I'm not going to lie, I feel like Dionysus is up to something but I'm not entirely sure what, but we see some more of him this volume and I'm hoping for more again! Filvis is back too, and helps out Lefiya, and I'm hoping we'll get to see more of her. I want to like her but I can't help but side eye her a bit. We also get some Hermes who's a bit shady, and Tsubaki who was quite fun! 

The first half or so of this volume involves lots of training for Bell. Like....Eye of the Tiger playing in the background style training. As you can imagine....Hestia was thrilled. There's a mysterious group that pop up in this volume, threatening Aiz and they're working for Freya. Creepy, creepy Freya. Basically no-one's pleased Aiz is training Bell except for Bell! While Aiz is training Bell, the Loki Familia are gearing up for their expedition and I had such a foreboding vibe the entire time, without Ouranos keeping an eye on them because of it, and some creepy little cut scenes to some shady figures. Although Ouranos and the events on floor 59 to finally allow us to see what's causing the hybrid monsters! One piece of the puzzle falls in to place as this first act, as it where, finishes and we gear up for the next! 

Don't hold me to this, because I have a brain like a sieve and it's been a while, but I'm fairly sure this volume crosses over with the main series manga a little bit! Anywaaaaaay the second half or so of this volume focuses on the Loki Familia's expedition to Floor 59 and that's when the pace really picks up. We meet some dragons and wyverns which are always fun, and we finally see what it is that Levis wanted Aiz to see, and what she was alluding to in the earlier volumes! Spoiler alert: It's not good and doesn't bode well. 

This volume hits us with some more background on the world, which I'm always eager to learn! We get some more history and mythology to it, which is really fascinating and I'm intrigued to see how it's going to factor in to the upcoming plot arc. The steady pace gives way to a lot more action and fighting for the second half and I have to say...I was on the edge of my seat more than once. I genuinely thought we'd just lost two characters! 

This volume went from being all "hahahhaaa" to "WAAAAAAAAAAAHH" so fast I practically got whiplash. Things get tense and the stakes are raised as we finally get some answers and see what we're up against as well as getting some more world building and background. Bell levels up and is starting to come in to his own as are a couple of other characters. We end the volume with quite the threat to Orario which promises to make the coming volumes fairly deadly and give them a good dose of tension and dread, I think! 

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...