Wednesday 4 June 2014

The Source


The Source
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: BUY!
Source: ARC Courtesy of NetGalley!

The Source is another of my most anticipated books. Yes I know I have a lot of those, but I love a lot of series, and find lots of new ones every day! I loved The Line, I wasn't expecting the amazingness that was that book when I started reading, and I was sad to finish it. I honestly could not wait for this book, and I was so psyched NetGalley had it available to request!

When we rejoin Mercy, she's in charge but she's struggling to control her new powers. Not to mention she also has to deal with being pregnant, and that whole heartbreaking betrayal shabang. As if she wasn't stressed enough, her mother, who's been thought to be dead for years, pops back up. Cue trust issues with the family, and a quest for truth!

Once again, I loved the setting of the book, the author writes about it so vividly, you can practically believe you're there, with the sun shining down on your face. It's a world that's written so realistically, you feel like you've actually been there, and you never want to leave! I was so pleased that was still going strong in this book.

Mercy, I was worried about. A lot of times in sequels, the characters suffered, but Mercy continued to be one of my favourite characters. She was just as strong as she was in the first book, and I loved that. Personally, I'm surprised she didn't have a mental break down, if I was in her situation, I'd probably have curled in to the fetal position with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and Netflix. Peter was still as annoying to me as he was in the first book. I don't like his character, I feel like he's not the right love choice, but he seems to be capable of change, so we'll see.

As for the other characters, well, you gotta love them because every one of them has a different agenda, and good luck working out what's going to happen next. I tried, and I failed, and I loved how I couldn't predict what was going to happen next, I read so many books where I enjoy them, but they're predictable, and The Source, just like The Line, is so unpredictable it's quite scary. Especially as the author has you so emotionally invested in the characters, you're likely to have an emotional break down if anything bad happens to them.

The characters have really developed since the first book, and it's great to see that happening, and see things moving along. As I said, each character has their own agenda, and each character is equally as complicated. I enjoyed how the author pretty much managed to write the book, so you feel exactly who Mercy feels. You spend the entire book not knowing who to trust or believe, just as much as Mercy, and if that doesn't keep you reading, I don't know what will. The characters are revealed to have flaws, and I love when characters aren't perfect, and there's plenty of interesting backstory to keep you entertained and satisfied.

The Source is every bit as fast paced as The Line. You're engaged and intrigued throughout the whole of the book, it's impossible to put down, I really didn't want it to end to be honest, and I'm super excited about the third book.

The Source is a fun read, the author continues to write characters who jump off the page, and continues to create a world that sucks you in, so you can truly escape in to the story. Sequels are often disappointing compared to the previous books, but I was incredibly impressed with this sequel, it was equal to, if not better than The Line.

The Source is an astounding sequel to an incredible first book. A battle of good and evil, a plot so complex Sherlock Holmes won't be able to work out what's going to happen, who's going to win and who's on who's side. As soon as you start reading you step in to a world that you can't and won't want to leave, with characters that jump off the page and keep you entertained, not to mention so much intrigue it's enough to make you crazy! GIMME BOOK THREE NOOOOWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...