Wednesday 24 May 2017

Manga: The Royal Tutor



The Royal Tutor
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy 
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Accepting the post of royal tutor at the court of the king of Granzreich, Heine Wittgenstein is a little professor with a big job ahead of him! Each of the kingdom's four princes has a rather distinct personality. Does their diminutive new instructor have what it takes to lay down some learning? It's a comedy of educational proportions!

Okay so, I literally just started watching the anime, but I really need to catch up because I'm behind. I was super excited to read this manga, and I wasn't at all disappointed! I really, really like the artwork for this manga, it's cute and a little bit decadent at points. 

This first volume covers the first 3 episodes of the anime in this volume! The manga actually fills in more than the anime, there's a clearer understanding of scenes and motivations. Some of the anime scenes are missing, like Heine doesn't meet the Princess until later in the manga. 

I have to say, Licht is totally my favourite, he's such a cutie but I think he's a lot more intelligent/sly than he lets on. His comments have made me curious about who/what Heine is, even more so than before! Licht is definitely the pretty/playboy Prince. 

Kai is my second favourite, he's the Quiet one and bless him, he's so sweet. I totally relate to him as well, I too have resting bitch face problems. Not quite as severe as poor old Kai, but still. 

Bruno is the Brainy Prince. He's super intelligent and completely loved Heine and it was hilarious. I wasn't sure I'd like him much at first, but I could understand his behaviour...or you know...arrogance. 

Last but not least we have Leonhard. The Athletic one. He's a little bit ridiculous with his running thing, but I can understand why he does it. He hates studying and I can't say I blame him to be honest. I'm intrigued by him because he likes to make it known he doesn't care but he really kinda does.  

As for Heine....I'm just so curious about him and his past. I'm intrigued to see how he'll work with the Princes and I need to know what he is! 

I really enjoyed the world of the book, it's heavily German influenced or maybe Vienna judging from the translation notes! It's kind of a little bit historical, judging from how everyone dresses, and I can picture the world as if it actually exists/existed. Not hard to imagine it back in the day basically. 

The Royal Tutor is an intriguing start to a new series, I found the story amusing, intriguing and kinda cute too! I loved the world and the art work, and I'm so intrigued by each of the princes and their personalities. Licht is clearly hiding something for example. Not to mention I'm curious about the oldest prince we haven't met yet and Heine.....I have so many questions! I'm also intrigued to see where this manga is going to go, and how it's going to develop! Especially after something the King said....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...