Wednesday 31 May 2017

Manga: Otome Mania Vol 1


Otome Mania!! Vol 1
Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

The story of a young woman living her gamer dream! Yuzumi is a master gamer and game creator, and has finally landed her dream job in an otome game company. Now, she will do whatever it takes to conquer the industry. But is success worth it? Will it truly bring Yuzumi happiness? Or will she spend her days wallowing in anger and anxiety? What must Yuzumi do to release a successful game?!

This isn't normally the kind of manga that I'd go for, but I was curious so when I was sent it to review I decided to give it a read. I actually found this quite fascinating, it's an intriguing look at the industry of Otome Games which I knew nothing about, I didn't even know what an Otome game was before I started reading this! There's so much information about the process of game making and the various different jobs it involves and so on, and I was like ooohhh that's how it works! It was genuinely fascinating. 

I feel like we can all relate to the main character, Yuzumi and her fangirling as she lives the dream. She was a very relatable character, with very believable reactions to the situation she finds herself in. I was rooting for her throughout the volume. Tachibana's a bit mean, but he cares deep down. Waaaaayyy deep down and I kinda low key ship him with Yuzumi. There's a brilliant cast of characters, and I love all of them, Alex in particular, we're still getting to know the rest of the team. There's also a hilarious group of rivals that I think we'll get to see in volume 2, and I'm excited to meet them! 

It looks like Otome Mania is going to be a fun series, and there are plenty of ships to choose from, I'm not going to lie! I'm intrigued to see more of how the industry works via this manga, and to see what's going to happen next! 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...