Wednesday 3 May 2017

Manga: Death March Vol 2


Death March Vol 2
Rating: 3/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Satou's caught in an underground labyrinth. Zena's also lost, and her only companions are three beast girls. Demons abound as Satou and Zena try to get to safety! 

In this volume, Satou and the three beast girls are stuck in the labyrinth and need to work their way towards the exit, fighting monsters as they go. Zena is trapped in another location and it isn't long before the two groups meet up to face off with the big bad. This volume of the manga covers the last half of the first light novel and leaves on that same intriguing ending. 

At this stage...I feel like I might be leaning towards the light novel more than the manga. There's some little details missing from the manga that are in the light novel and on one hand it's kind of expected, but on the other...I feel like Satou's character works better in the light novel where you have a better understanding of him. In the manga I find it easy to forget he's actually 29, and his age was what made him interesting and stand out to me in the light novel. 

This series has such colourful and enticing covers, and the art in both the manga and light novel is fun and cute. I really do like the artwork! The story is brilliantly paced and you can breeze through it easily, and I enjoyed the dungeon adventurer vibe to this volume of the manga. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing though! 

Of the characters, I'm really enjoying the beast girls in the manga, I loved them in the light novel, and I love them in the manga. I'm so eager to see more of them, and I've loved how Satou has taken them under his wing and helped them level up and everything. I'd like to see more of Zena fighting too, because I'm so curious about what she can do! 

The ending of this volume leaves you intrigued and wanting to find out what the deal is with this strange new girl, who quite clearly knows something that Satou doesn't. I'm definitely interested in finding out where this story is going to go and what's going to happen next, I'm just not sure whether to go with the manga or the light novel! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...