Saturday 4 May 2019

May TBR || Readathon Extravaganza

Why take part in one readathon this month when I can take part in a grand total of 3? What could possibly go wrong, am I right!? 
It would seem that I can only really get a decent amount of reading done when I'm doing a readathon, I kid you not I haven't read a single page since I finished the Easter Readathon which is a bit of a problem. 
To be fair to me, I did have an entire week with really bad cramps and the odd migraine but still. 
Anyway, I had so much fun doing the Easter Readathon I decided I wanted to take part in some more, and I couldn't choose one so...yeah. Three. 

Full disclosure, I'd love to get all of these completed and nail the whole thing, but I've been so tired and exhausted lately, and I've got to work around work so...ideally I'll get everything read and done..but it might not actually happen and this could fail spectacularly!

Asian Readathon 1st May-31st May

This is the first of the three readathons I'll be taking part in and you can find out all about it here if you'd like to take part too! The aim of this entire readathon is to read books by Asian authors, there's five reading challenges and I'm going to be aiming to complete four out of the five! 

Challenge 1: Read a book by an Asian author. 


Challenge 2: Read a graphic novel featuring an Asian character or written/drawn by an Asian author (manga, comics, manhua, manhwa all count) 
Challenge 4: Read a book by an Asian author that was originally written in their native language (translated books and graphic novels count) 


Challenge 3: Read a book featuring an intersectional Asian character or written by an intersectional Asian identity (queer, mixed, disabled etc) 


I'm planning on reading Descendant of the Crane too, as I'll be doing a book discussion for it towards the end of the month! Plus I'd also quite like to get Empress Of All Seasons and For a Muse of Fire read too! 

Scallywag-athon May 5th-12th

Hello, pirate themed readathon, how can I say no? This one's super fun and you get to follow a path to the X that marks the spot, and do the prompts along the way. You basically end up doing four challenges, but you can do more if you want! Head here to check it all out and see if you want to join! 

Looting: has gold on the spine 
I'm starting off at point 1! I'll be reading Timekeeper (above) for this one as I have the original hardcover with  the..you know, gold spine! 

Ahoy, Hearties! : featuring a group of friends
From point 1, I'm moving along to point 6 where I'll be using Blue Exorcist Vol 21 (up above)  because we've got a nice, fun group of buddies! 

Escape Route: involving travel 
After finishing off point 6, I've got to head on a little detour to point A! I've been reliably informed that Aurora Rising counts for this one so that's what I'll be reading! 


Lost in Space: Chosen by someone else
The last stop for me is 9, and I need a book that's chosen by someone else so I'm choosing to use The Poppy War! This was recommended to me so...it counts right? :') 


Manga Madness Readathon May 4th-12th

As you guys know, I review a lot of manga, but lately my own personal TBR has kinda gotten a little out of control because it's been a bit neglected. This little readathon is hopefully gonna help me take care of that! Check out all the information here, you can participate in a couple of different ways, but to give myself some direction I decided to use the bingo board! However, I'm not confident enough to try and tick every box so I just picked a few! 


Author/artist you haven't read before & character who identifies as LGBTQ+
I'm pairing up these two categories for this one because most of everything else on my TBR is by authors that I've read before...because ya know, on going series. 



Drama, action or adventure
I'm going with action, although my choice does have some drama and adventure too! 


Adapted to an anime or video game 
I need to catch up on this series so I'm picking the next volume of it for this category as it was adapted in to an anime...I just haven't watched it yet! 


Animal Companion
Kuro counts right? I mean Kuro's a demon but...still a cat? Anyway, Blue Exorcist 21 is making it's third appearance on this list! 


Fantasy or paranormal 
I can't wait to read this to see if this is gonna be a series I'm going to invest. I did like the first volume, but that's only one volume and I'm still waiting to see whether I'm going to fully love this series and get invested in it! 


Horror, demons or vampires 
Focusing on demons with this one! 


Manga set in a country outside of Japan
This one's set here in England and apparently it's the final volume, which explains why it's so much thicker than the others, I guess! 


Read two instalments from the same series & Centred around folklore and mythology
I'm like 4 volumes behind on this one so this is my chance to finally catch up...by at least 2 volumes but still! So I'm gonna be reading volumes 16 & 17! 


A main character who transforms & a manga you've been meaning to read
Yeah, I got this set for my birthday like last year and I still haven't gotten around to starting it so here we go! 


A manga with a name in the title 
A grand total of 3 volumes behind on this one so it's time to start catching up...


Has not been adapted in any way 
This is the final volume of this series, so I'm taking this chance to finish it off! 


A manga by your favourite manga artist or by the hosts favourite 
Honestly, I struggled with this one so I elected to pick one of the hosts favourites! I'd already read Bloody Mary so I'm gonna be going with this one... 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...