Wednesday 24 January 2018

Manga: Fairy Tail 63


Fairy Tail Vol 63
Rating: 5/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

17-year-old Lucy is an attractive mage-in-training who wants to join a magician's guild so that she can become a full-fledged magician. The guild she dreams about joining is the most famous in the world and it is known as the Fairy Tail. One day she meets Natsu, a boy raised by a Dragon who mysteriously left him when he was young. Natsu has devoted his life to finding his Dragon father. When Natsu helps Lucy out of a tricky situation, she discovers that he is a member of the Fairy Tail magician's guild and the heroes' adventure together begins.

This is it you guys, this is the final freaking volume of Fairy Tail. I so wasn't ready for it, I got back from my vacation and it was sitting in the pile of post I had, and I just opened it and stared at it for a good few minutes because you know...so not ready! The cover hit me in the feels and made me come over all nostalgic and the chapter art gave me so much nostalgia too! 

After mentally preparing myself for one of my favourite series ever coming to an end, I finally started to read it and oh my God. Mavis hit me in the feels right from the start and there's a blissful moment when all seems well....before it all comes crashing down. Like I was thinking 'okay, but this is all kind of convenient' and it was like I could hear Mashima's evil laughter before he was like "SURPRISE B****". 

This volume, it's the dragon slayers time to shine, and there's so much action packed in to this volume! But not just the slayers, everyone gets to have their moment in the spotlight, and their moment to be a badass too! 

Everything ends happily, and for those that ship certain characters....while some things could be seen to be a bit ambiguous, there are some ships that are quite clearly sailing....finally. I loved getting a glimpse in to the characters lives since the final battle and it really rounded everything out and wrapped it all up and made me so emotional. It's really the perfect blend of action, and heartwarming moments...something to be expected from Fairy Tail. 

There's plenty of nostalgia to be had thanks to Lucy and I totally got a bit choked up reading this final volume, I'm not going to lie. I don't think I'll ever be ready for this to be over, like I've still got the anime and the spin off series but still! I'm just sad there won't be any new Fairy Tail adventures but I have to say...the series has come to a truly fitting end, I loved the final couple of pages so much! 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...