Thursday 4 January 2018

Graphic Novel: Rocket


Rocket: The Blue River Score
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Get ready for a life of spacecrime with Rocket! It's a dirty universe out there, even when you're not regularly mistaken for trash-foraging vermin. And it's about to get dirtier. He thought his paws were clean, that he was on the up-and-up. But then an old flame swam back into his life, and he was back in the game...the heist game. If you need a safe cracked, a vault busted or a score taken...ask for Rocket. Just don't call him a raccoon.

The opening really reminds me of an old black and white detective/crime movie, kind of thing! With the whole bar scene and the intro and so on! I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this volume, but this totally surprised me with the tone and the narrative and the storytelling! 

I have to say, I live for all the nice little easter eggs that got dropped in, like you know....Daredevil. I love catching them and fangirling a little bit! 

Rocket assembles a crew to pull off a heist, which I could have told him was a bad idea! Then the story evolves in to a prison break and it was such a lot of fun as the tables turned again and again. It's fast paced, completely hilarious like the lines, and the language used and everything. I had many a chuckle as I was reading! I loved it. It genuinely had me cracking up continuously! I also loved the written narrative going along the side, it was seriously like an old black and white 30's movie! 

I loved the pairing of Rocket and Deadpool, it was a match made in snark heaven and I need more of it! I could quite easily read an entire series that's just the two of them, I'm not going to lie! 

Rocket is a fun adventure featuring you know...Rocket, obviously! I loved the storytelling to it and the way it was written, it was something a bit different to what I'm used to in comic books but oddly enough it really fit Rocket and it was wrapped up really well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...