Tuesday 25 September 2018

Manga: Royal Tutor 9



The Royal Tutor Vol 9 
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Prince Licht once again finds himself caught between his role as a prince and his desire to have some fun in his life. How will he react when the count offers his assistance? 

After the rather...worrying ending of the previous volume, it would appear Licht might be more intelligent than I gave him credit for. My bad dude......oh wait. Wait. Never mind. I take it back. He really is that dumb. He clearly can't see that Rosenberg is only willing to help him to get him out the way. I mean if that's what he wants...then fair play but there are better choices for help than the shady Rosenberg. I have been itching to see how this would play out and I can't help but be a little bit disappointed in Licht. 

After a week long time skip, Licht finally has to choose between his two lives. He's struggling with the idea of committing to life as a Royal, and that being all he does. I get that, and I understand where he's coming from. He essentially wants to be a man like his father and with a job he loves like Heine, which is nothing bad to aspire to be. 

I've been intrigued to see which direction this story will take, would it be slice of life with the Princes? Would there be more to it than that? Would there be an all out war for the throne? But this volume takes an interesting twist. That being that the Prince's decide to follow their dreams. Therefore we have Licht leaving the Palace to go work at the Cafe's new location. I'm actually quite sad to see him go, although I kind of had a feeling it was coming. 

What I wasn't expecting was Bruno to opt to leave too. We don't get to see as much of his inner struggle as Licht's, but he decides to follow his ambitions too. Not to the same extent that Licht has as he still fully intends to run for King. And then we have Kai, who also wants to leave. That's right. You heard me. The Princes are legitimately dropping like flies. Although Kai has more of a struggle because Leonhard isn't really coping well with the loss of his brothers. Bless him. I was reading like "Just tell him. Rip the band aid off dude" because Kai was faffing about so much. 

This volume, while not only giving us that shock twist and pushing the story in a new direction, shows how far each of the Princes has come in that they'll go for what they want now and make that decision to leave. In Leonhard's case we can see how much he's grown up since the first volume, considering he actually tells Kai to go. 

I'm incredibly curious to see how the story will progress from here now. Will we switch to each prince per volume or chapter? Will we have a huge time skip? Will we stay with just Leonhard and Heine? Although I'm incredibly suspicious of all these "opportunities" popping up so close together, until there's only one Prince left and it's clearly not just me because Heine makes a comment too. It all just seems a bit...convenient. 

Volume 9 see's the story twist and go in a new direction and brings in new opportunities for story elements to be added. As well as leaving us with a lot of questions as to what will happen next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...