Monday 4 December 2017

Manga: Kigurumi Guardians 2


Kigurumi Guardians Vol 2
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

Hakka has rescued her classmate from the evil invaders, but the Guardians' battle is only just beginning! Strange things are happening around the popular idol, Ranan, and she might be taking people's hearts. But Hakka has other concerns—her brother walks in on her and Ginger in the middle of their kiss! 

The first volume of Kigurumi Guardians was a bit of a surprise for me, I wasn't sure what to expect going in. I was expecting something a little bit ridiculous but fun....I wasn't expecting to end up loving this series so much after just one volume that I impatiently waited for all of the other volumes to be published! It became an instant favourite which rarely happens with me. I've been anticipating this volume so much and I got so happy to finally have it in my hands and read it! 

I've got to say, there's something about Ginger in penguin form holding up a sign saying "wtf are you doing?" after Hakka tries to fight him that had me cackling so hard. I think it was the cute little Kigurumi penguin cursing that did it. 

Unfortunately for Hakka she gets caught with a human Ginger moments after a repart...so she has to pretend he's her boyfriend. I mean.....unfortunate for her, but not for me. My shipper heart was quite happy with this development and I was living for it throughout this volume. I so badly want the two of them to end up together, it's not even funny. There was a lot this volume that fed my shipper heart, I'm not going to lie. 

Nobara and Basilico helping them out was freaking hilarious, and it was really nice to get to know Nobara more in this volume. To see what's under the mask she wears and what her life is like. There's an interesting tidbit about the President (Chigaya) thrown in to, which has me all kinds of curious and provides an interesting mystery and potential plot element. 

I feel like our three Guardians, Hakka, Nobara and Satsuki, all really bond and become a lot closer to each other in this volume. They're helping each other out, boosting each other up, and defending each other. They're being there for each other, and they're going to become quite the team and I'm enjoying watching them bond and get closer and start to come together as a team. 

The fast pace continues as we deal with a couple of different situations and scenarios in this volume, ending with a brand new upcoming battle...and some bitchy girls no doubt out to cause trouble. So we'll have the usual Guardian trouble...and some good old fashioned school drama too by the looks of it! The art is once again, very well done. Cute when it needs to be, and gorgeous at other points! Genuinely, this series is such a lot of fun, even when it's being a little bit ridiculous! The characters are relatable and easy to cheer on, and it's heartwarming watching them working towards becoming a team! Each Guardian has an interesting relationship with their Kigurumi too, and I'm intrigued to see more of the differences between them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...