Tuesday 8 May 2018

Review: The Prophecy


The Prophecy
Rating: 4/5
Buy or Borrow: Buy
Source: Copy courtesy of the publisher! 

History is on repeat…

Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.

A price must be paid…

Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.

For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled….


So, I've simultaneously been looking forward to this book and dreading it because you know...it's the last book in the damn series and I knew it was going to hit me in the feels, and I wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye to Alex and Seth and all the other characters....again. But for good this time....I think? 

The thing I love about these books are how freaking hilarious they are. I love the humour and I love how snarky Seth is, he and Alex have some brilliant one liners and I find myself chuckling away. I'm always thoroughly entertained when I read one of these books and this one's no different. Thank the Gods for the humour in this book because it offset the heartbreak the book caused me! 

My little ship of Cora and Gable started to sail, I loved the two of them, they where so sweet! I just wished we'd gotten to see more of them and their relationship but it was all mostly off screen! Cora made me chuckle at one point though when she was adjusting to her new life! We got one new character in this book, Erik, I felt kinda bad but I really didn't like him. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with him because he didn't seem trustworthy but he didn't actually do anything and now I ship he and Erin, and I have a burning need to see their relationship so if Jennifer feels like doing a spin off...I'm so ready for it! 

Now, I love Jennifer's books, I really do, they're my favourites and they always brighten my mood but I have to say a couple of things that bugged me about the book, and I really hate to do this but I can't gloss over them because she's my favourite author. So, I feel like a few things where a wee bit rushed towards the end, like I said, a couple of the couples where largely off screen and I kept waiting for Erik to do something because he seemed kinda ominous with the whole Ares thing...but nothing came of it. Then they spent all that time collecting the demigods...but they didn't actually do anything either. I'm hoping that maybe in the future there might be something to do with them. Although it was kinda funny watching Alex and co sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing for once! 

My other issue is a personal one, and like, it's probably an unpopular opinion but I absolutely hate it when the happy ending involves a baby, like I rolled my eyes so hard when that reveal with Josie happened at the end of the last book and it really disappointed me, and then this book it was all baby this and baby that, and I was a bit like...you know...why does a happy ending have to involve a baby? Like that's not how it is for everyone and it seemed a bit generic and I wasn't really here for it. BUT I guess I do see why it was necessary now considering the reveal at the end! 

Anywaaaaaays, I forever love Deacon and Luke, they crack me up. Plus their interactions and banter with Seth, Alex and Aiden...all of their interactions with each other actually, hit me right in the feels and cracked me up and aaaah the feels! Not to mention this book really shows how far Seth has come as a character, and his relationships with both Alex and Aiden have developed more too! 

There's plenty of action and plot twists as is to be expected from Jennifer, and I have to say, after some heart wrenching moments that had me second guessing everything...the series wrapped up really nicely! I really liked how everything ended. I'm so sad to leave this world once again though, and let's face it...this is probably the last Covenant series...right? RIGHT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...